Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lasagna Gardening - An Easier Way To Garden


Image courtesy of the Dayton Daily News

Hello Fellow Gardeners!

Today we're talking about Lasagna Gardening (also referred to as 'No Till Gardening') which is a much easier way to garden in my opinion.

Lasagna Gardening was first made popular by Patricia Lanza. She has put out several books about her simple approach to gardening and I found myself gifted with one of them when we moved to our new home some years ago.

My first book about Lasagna Gardening was Lasagna Gardening with Herbs since I was more focused on growing herbs at the time than anything else.

I fell in love with this fantastic approach to gardening and started making Lasagna Gardens all over the yard!

The basic premise behind Lasagna Gardening is picking a gardening spot, covering it with heavy layers of newspaper or cardboard or both, layering that with alternating layers of pete moss, compost, dirt and mulch. It really is that simple!

Ms. Lanza found herself running a business along with a family and wanted to spend time tending to her gardens and found herself more and more pressed for time. She decided to give this style of gardening a shot and it worked so well she has done it ever since.

I go into more details in one of my articles on Squidoo.com and walk you through the process along with photos and research. I would love for you to visit my article Lasagna Gardening Method - The Easy Way To Garden if you like.

I hope you will give this style of gardening a shot and please let me know your thoughts in the comments section!

I love hearing from you about gardening in general.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments!