Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vegetable Green Smoothies From The Garden



I've really enjoyed using vegetables from my container garden this summer in my Vegetable Green Smoothies!

If you haven't had a green smoothie and a vegetable green smoothie at that, you might want to consider it.

I go into much deeper detail of the health benefits and share a few of my favorite recipes in my article Vegetable Green Smoothie Recipes . This article has turned out to be wildly popular and was recently featured on the front page of Squidoo.com. Hop on over and see if I can convince you to give these very yummy smoothies a try!

Some of my favorite vegetables and herbs to blend in my smoothies are: kale, celery, zucchini, basil, rosemary, lemons, lettuce, and dandelion greens. I've experimented with several other vegetables in the past almost 2 years that I've been making Vegetable Green Smoothies and I've found that you just can't go wrong!

The only fruit I add to my smoothies is lemons. I've worked for many years to overcome some health issues and I found that all types of foods with sugar even from fruits tended to make my issues much worse. So I do sweeten my smoothies and you'll find out with what when you read the article! Hint: it's very tasty and is actually VERY good for you.  :)

Hope you enjoyed working in the garden this summer and continue to grow lovely vegetables and herbs into the fall.

Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments!