Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Container Vegetable Gardening - Growing Vegetables In Containers

Image courtesy of Sunset.com

Today I'd like to talk about container vegetable gardening. In my article 'Growing Vegetables In Containers - It's Easier Than You May Think', I take a look at several reasons for growing your vegetables in containers and different container options. Be sure to read the full article to get loads more info and options.


While you are there, you may want to take a look around at some of the other articles I've written. Many of them are about gardening.


Living in the Pacific NW, USA is a good reason many times to grow your plants and vegetables in containers as our growing season is much shorter than many parts of the country. Containers full of dirt (especially dark containers) will heat up much quicker than dirt in the ground.


I also love that I can have the containers raised to any level I want so that I don't have to spend so much time bending and stooping to tend my vegetables.


This article Novice Gardeners Best Start With Containers by Anne Watson talks about choosing the right container for your needs and how starting your gardening ventures in containers may be a good idea. Watson says that condo and apartment dwellers needn't give up growing their own vegetables just because they are limited in space. 


I agree! I have grown vegetables and herbs in containers for many years and am still doing so even though we have plenty of room for in ground gardening.


Another article by Try Growing Veggies In Containers by Jamie Hancock explores many different types of containers that you can use to grow your vegetables in containers as well as how to care for them.


So there you have it, some great articles for you to explore about container vegetable gardening and lots of reasons to consider doing it.


I would love to hear your feedback on container gardening or anything gardening related.


Happy gardening!

2 comments:

  1. This is ideal for those who have small yards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Sandy! I agree, container gardening is perfect for those with small yards or who just want to have a more manageable garden. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comments!